According to a recent analysis by Kirby Lester, 15 out of 26 U.S. award-winning community pharmacies rely on Kirby Lester prescription dispensing technology.
Award-winning pharmacies, including national chains, regional chains and independent pharmacies, use a wide range of Kirby Lester automation to dispense prescriptions, from the company’s KL1 “gold standard” tablet counters to scan-verification devices and KL60 and KL100 pharmacy robotic automation.
“Everyone has to make their own decision and weigh the price of new technology,” Frank Iannarone III, owner of Madison Pharmacy in Madison, New Jersey, said. “But when I saw how the KL1Plus could add yet another layer of safety checks to our process and make it that much harder for someone to make a mistake, I thought it was well worth the investment.”
Kirby Lester customers have won 58 percent of the following national awards since 2013:
• AmerisourceBergen Good Neighbor Pharmacy of the Year
• Cardinal Health Independent Pharmacy Best Practices Competition
• Chain Drug Review Retailer of the Year
• McKesson Pharmacy of the Year
• Medicine Shoppe International Franchisee of the Year
• NACDS Harold W. Pratt Award
• NACDS Sheldon W. Fantle Lifetime Achievement Award
• NCPA Willard B. Simmons Pharmacist of the Year
• NCPA Prescription Drug Safety Award
Kirby Lester has partnered with community pharmacies since 1971 when it introduced the first tablet counter.