Premier announces 2015 Innovation Celebration participants
Innovation Celebration is an event that honors the industry’s leading health care advancements and supplier commitment to innovation. The products were chosen based on uniqueness, ability to have an impact on unmet clinical needs and potential to improve patient care.
“The selection criteria for the products and devices at Innovation Celebration is very rigorous and is conducted by clinician leaders throughout the Premier alliance,” Premier’s Chief Medical Officer Richard Bankowitz said. “This year that process resulted in a diverse group of products and devices that are perfect examples of how innovation can advance patient care. We wish to thank the individuals who participated in the selection process and all the suppliers that submitted applications. Their participation made this year’s program particularly successful.”
The 2015 Innovation Celebration participants were:
• Flexicare Inc.: DualGuard
• Hologic, Inc.: Brevera
• Incisive Surgical, Inc.: INSORB 30 Absorbable Subcuticular Skin Stapler
• Medtronic: IN.PACT Admiral Drug Coated Balloon
• Penumbra Inc.: Apollo System
• ReavillMED: One Needle
• Roche Diagnostics: Cobas 4800 HPV (human papillomavirus) Test
• St. Jude Medical: CardioMEMS Heart Failure System
• Toshiba America Medical Systems, Inc.: SMI (Superb Micro-vascular imaging), available on the Aplio 500 Platinum Ultrasound System
• Toshiba America Medical Systems, Inc.: Infinix Cardiovascular X-ray Dose Solutions
• Westmed, Inc.: Vibralung Acoustical Percussor
For more information, including videos of each product, visit: www.premierinc.com/breakthroughs/innovation-celebration-2015.